Garbage, Bulky and Brush Collection
The Town of Woodsboro contracts with an outside waste management company for solid waste collection. Residents within the city limits is required to have garbage collection.
Most trash and debris, when properly contained, can be disposed of in garbage toter. Regular garbage collection is every Wednesday. Toter must be curbside by 7AM.
BULKY WASTE & BRUSH PICK-UP PROVIDED BY REPUBLIC SERVICES
In an effort to keep our community clean and free of debris, Republic Services has provided residents with procedures of where and how brush & bulky items (yard waste) should be handled.
Bulky waste collection – first Thursday of each month
- Includes furniture, mattresses & larges appliances, tv’s (appliances with freon – freon must be removed & tagged)
- Bulky items such as tv’s over 32 inches, computers, tires, paint, construction material & any hazardous materials will NOT be collected & are the responsibility of the resident to safely discard.
- Bulky waste will NOT be picked up if mixed with brush.
- Bulky waste must be on your property near curb in front of your home & away from power lines, telephone poles, meters, vehicles and fences – waste will NOT be collected if safety or liability is an issue.
Brush collection – quarterly, third Thursday of month scheduled. (March, June, September & December)
- Brush will NOT be picked up if mixed with bulky waste.
- Republic will collect up to 6 cubic yards of brush per quarter per resident (size of Volkswagen Jetta)
- Trash bags can NOT be mixed in brush piles & should be placed in trash cart.
- Brush must be on your property near curb in front of your home & away from power lines, telephone poles, meters, vehicles and fences – brush will NOT be collected if safety or liability is an issue.
Brush & Bulky items must be placed curbside prior to pick-up day scheduled. Republic will NOT come back once they have made a pass.
**Special collections can be arranged by contacting Brian Grunberg at 361-442-5092 at Republic Services**
Special Collections at resident’s expense.
Frequently Asked Questions
When are the garbage collection days for my street?
Please refer to the monthly schedule. Remember, observed holidays will alter the normal routine.